When designing the Cloud network, the network strategy must allow the workloads to do the following.
- Workloads must be able to communicate with each other.
- The network design must align to the security architecture.
- Network design must be reliable.
- Network design must be resilient.
- Network design must be cost optimised.
For an effective design, you must consider using the following Cloud providers global infrastructure services for the requirement.
- Availability Zones
- Local Zones
- Edge Locations
- Regional edge caches
For example while selecting the Region and Availability Zone the following requirements must carefully considered.
- Services and Features
Segmentation is the key in the cloud network design and it is important to know how to use the segmentation for the following requirements.
- To slow down cyber attacks.
- To restrict access to data and network resources.
- To make the infrastructure more resilient.
With the segmentation, the networks are isolated. Now you must be knowing how the resources are going to be communicating with each other for the following requirements.
- Intra-system connectivity
- Inter-system connectivity
- Public IP & Private IP address management
- Domain name resolution (DNS)